The College of Business and Economics (CBE) Professional Development Program prepares students to communicate effectively, interact professionally, and develop leadership skills for today’s challenging global business environment.
Participating in the Professional Development Program creates a competitive edge when applying for internships and jobs. The program works in collaboration with the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) and is a great way to interact with alumni and learn from experienced professionals, improve networking skills and create that important professional network.
All business undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the Professional Development Program. The program uses a point system to track students’ participation.
Twelve total points must be accrued to receive the Professional Development Achievement Award: four required points and eight flexible points, which are accumulated by attending workshops and activities.
Be sure to check out our FAQs!
FOUR REQUIRED ACTIVITIES
- Meet with Center for Career and Professional Development for a Career Planning Session.
- Attend Lehigh Career Fair.
- Participate in an Externship.
- Attend a Networking Event.
EIGHT FLEXIBLE POINTS
Examples of these events include, but are not limited to:
- Resume, Cover Letter and Interview Skills
- Ethics and the Job Search
- LinkedIn: Creating Your Professional Identity and Social Networking
- Developing Your Personal Brand
- Professional Behavior: Social Interaction and Conduct during Meetings/Dinner
- Case Interviews
Professional Development Program workshops and events are advertised via e-mail, in the weekly CBE Week at a Glance email every Sunday evening, and on the monitors in Rauch Business Center. Events usually take place at 4:15 or 7 p.m. and last approximately 50 minutes.
Click here to view the Fall 2017 schedule!